Hours: Part time position of 30 hours per week (can be worked flexibly)
Starting salary: Grade 3 £22,000 to £23,000 pro rata per annum.
The Trust has a team of qualified Farm Advisors who work closely with the farming community, build relationships and achieve positive environmental change on the ground through a combination of advice, support, interventions and grant funding for farmers in the Westcountry.
WRT are seeking an organised and efficient administrator to support the management, documentation and reporting of project outcomes whilst working closely with the team. The successful candidate will bring strong organisational skills and experience to the team to support their delivery on the ground, and to ensure timely and thorough project reporting. The Trust has a wide and growing range of projects, with core reporting requirements and deadlines which present growing administration demands. The role will support these for efficiency and consistency.
This role will contribute to the effective delivery of our Upstream Thinking Project: Upstream Thinking 3 | Westcountry Rivers Trust (wrt.org.uk) and will support the UST Project Manager and Farm Advisors by taking the lead on the full range of UST project administration tasks and processes.
Apply by midnight on Wednesday 27 October 2021 sending your CV and Covering Letter to https://hr.breathehr.com/v/ust-project-officer-19203 .
Interviews will be held online via Microsoft Teams.
For queries about this role or the application process please contact [email protected]
- To take responsibility for the project administration of the UST Project including responsibility for regular and ongoing collection, recording and reporting of tasks.
- Support with drafting contracts and legal administration related to farm intervention works, including proof reading and quality assurance to ensure consistency and accuracy of project documentation.
- Checking invoices, costings on proformas and financial information from suppliers and in preparation for grant sign off.
- To maintain, interrogate and regularly update databases, deliverables, budget or activity logs and extracting information for reporting.
- To assist with organising and attending events, meetings, workshops and associated dissemination of material and minutes.
- Prepare essential project related paperwork and assist with the drafting of reports and collation of material and data.
- To build positive relationships and liaise regularly with colleagues and external partners or organisations.
- To continuously develop and improve our project administration processes and ensure that they are fit for purpose.
- To attend formal and informal training and develop relevant knowledge and skills (CPD) as appropriate.
- May be assigned to commercial projects or other catchment projects as required and may be required to carry out other duties from time to time commensurate with the level of the post.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of information relating to WRT and its employees and maintain compliance with the UK GDPR.
Skills and Experience
- Formal education to at least Level 2 (GCSE Maths and English to grade C, or equivalent)
- Experience of working in an administration role in a multi-task environment.
- Outstanding administration skills with a desire to continually improve and streamline processes.
- A proactive approach and ability to use initiative and problem solve.
- The ability to work accurately with a high attention to detail.
- The ability to work to manage your own workload and meet deadlines.
- Strong written communication skills (able to compose letters and emails and deal effectively with telephone and video calls).
- Effective oral communication with the ability to build positive working relationships.
- Demonstrable experience of working with MS Office suite especially Word and Excel,
- Demonstrable experience of creating and maintaining databases and reporting.
- The ability to deal with confidential information appropriately.
Advantageous but not essential
- Experience of working in a project administration role.
- Experience of working with financial information.
- Knowledge of Land Registry and legal documentation associated with land management
- Proof reading experience and/or qualification
- Experience or working knowledge in the farming or environmental sectors.
There will be the opportunity to work from home in this role and work flexible hours.
There may be an occasional requirement to travel to sites in the Westcountry.