○ Parke weir is a medieval structure with historic importance.
○ The weir structure is deteriorating and we would like to improve fish migration up and down the catchment.
○ Parke weir diverts water to Parke leat which has protected ecology such as unique lichens.
○ The River Bovey is an important tributary of the Teign catchment and the Upper Bovey sub-catchment is failing to meet Good Water Framework Directive (WFD) status with a ‘Poor’ ranking since 2015.
○ The upstream Becka Brook waterbody fails to meet Good Ecological Status for fish under the WFD.
○ Salmonids in particular are declining in South West England’s rivers and we need to do all we can to address cumulative impacts to improve connectivity, habitat and survival.